Monday, July 26, 2010

The United Religions Initiative



The United Religions Initiative is an effort to integrate all religions. All the great Religions of yore Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism etc should be integrated, as all are brethren, and all religions are nothing but different radii of the same Eternal Circle, with the Absolute Self as the Center.

Maurice Strong and Gorbachev, founders of the Green Cross International, pushed for this U R I in the Earth Charter. The Green Cross Earth Charter Philosophy views & highlights the protection of the Biosphere, as the Common Interest of Humanity, as top priority.

Great men are always integrators. The Knights Templars of yore tried to integrate Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Syncretism or Ecumenism is the essence of Masonic and Indian Philosophy. Sarva Dharma Samabhava ( seeing all Religions as equal ) is the culture of India !

U R I - Philosophic implications

In Sanskrit the word Jnani for Philosopher has deep philosophic meaning. Jnan means " me " and Ni means " you ". So Jnani means "I am you" or " You are I". The same constituents which comprise my body comprise yours. The Self is the same. So you and I are the same and the man who knows this mystic principle is considered as a Jnani.



When it comes to human relations, we should look upon others as ourselves.

Isnt my son me ? He is me in another aspect ! Isnt my brother me? He is me in another aspect. By applying this principle to the entire humanity, we can save the world from its iniquity !

In Bridal Mysticism

YOU in Bridal Mysticism is He. " I am You" means in B M - I and my Father are One !

Mansur Al Hallaj, the mystic said

I met the lord of my Heart and asked Him " Who are you? ".He replied " I am You " !


I thought of Thee always
Till I became Thee
Swiftly Thou drew near
And I merged into Thee !

Whatever we see is His gross Universal Aspect, His Visva Virat Swaroopa. Everything is He !

There is only one difference between Thee and me
If I erase me, what remains is Thee !
Isnt that what I want?
(Dissolution of my Ego ?)

No comments: